Join the team!
Turn your passion into a career!
Auto Electrical Accessory Fitter
Offroad Living is a family owned and run 12v business established in 2012. We are looking for an accessory installer/ junior auto electrician to join our team.
Located in Wangara WA, you will be working along side an experienced and passionate team for which customer service and high quality workmanship is our highest priority. We are a fast growing established business with solid forward installation bookings and looking for a long term commitment with challenging and exciting custom installation works with every build different to the last.
You will be required to install 12 volt accessories into 4WDs, caravans, motorhomes, camper trailers and boats.
Benefits and perks:
We are offering the following:
- Great hourly rate based on experience
- Flexibility around family/personal commitments
- Work with a team that use and understand the products we manufacture and sell, that love 4wd'ing and camping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties will include (but not limited to) 12/24 volt electrical fitting work:
- Installation of solar panels, batteries, inverters and charging systems to vehicles, caravans, camper trailers, boats etc.
- Fans, lighting (internal and external), UHF's, brake controllers and more
- Creation of battery boxes, power panels (carpeted plywood and powder coated aluminium) and custom cabling
- Interacting with customers
You must have a high attention to detail and quality workmanship, a willingness to follow instructions to meet our very high standards and the ability to converse with customers in a respectful and helpful manner. You will need to be able to work unsupervised, adhere to deadlines and complete work as customer’s require.
Extensive experience in 12 volt accessory installation
C class light vehicle drivers licence
- Previous work in the automotive/caravan industry
- Experience designing & installing popular 12 volt brands and products in dcdc chargers, solar controllers & panels and battery monitors
- Trade and tool experience
- Minor fabrication works like cutting and trimming aluminium and timber power panels and enclosures
- The ability to problem solve and think outside the box without the need for excess engineering or complicated installations
- Personal camping/caravanning/4WDing experience
You will be required to work Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend work may be required during times of peak demand like during trade shows 2-4 times per year.
Employees get cost price products for personal use.
We operate as a smoke free workplace for the health and wellbeing of all of our employees.
Your cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Accessory Fitter?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?